Post navigation

MTN Nigeria introduces hourly internet Subscription plans Simple Surf

By | March 24, 2012

Before now all GSM companies in Nigeria offer various internet plans but with data cap but MTN has introduced new internet subscription plans – Simple Surf that enables users pay per time usage instead of fixed duration and bandwidth.

MTN Simple Surf is a new range of hourly based internet bundle plans that give you total control of your internet time. With MTN Simple Surf you only pay for the time spent on the internet and not the volume of data consumed.

You can select from a variety of flexible MTN Simple Surf plans from as low as 2hrs to 300hrs, all on the network with the widest data coverage in Nigeria.

This is really great especially for heavy data users. Below are the plans available on the service.

BUNDLE PLANVALIDITY PERIODPRICINGKEYWORD
2 HOURS2 DAYSN2502H
20 HOURS7 DAYSN1,50020H
100 HOURS30 DAYSN5,000100H
300 HOURS90 DAYSN13,000300H

To activate your preferred bundle plan, text the keyword to 131 or Go to the interface on your Fastlink modem and select from a variety of flexible MTN Simple Surf plans.

What do you think about this? Share your thoughts below.

Follow Us on Twitter For Latest Updates

28 thoughts on “MTN Nigeria introduces hourly internet Subscription plans Simple Surf

1. Aniri Innocent Chukwu-ebuka

Mtn services is superb. I blame my country Nigeria that cannot even generate electricity for optimal working of the GSM providers in the country. No security, infact course be to our leaders in hgher authority..

2. Saint

I was thinking of doing the 90 days subscription, But feel discouraged now as none of the comments are encouraging….MTN you loss Again.

3. adeola

d idea of expire date for hour plan is nt gud enough PLS see to it

4. Ifeanyi

I purchased this as soon as I learnt about it but to my greatest disappointment, my download speed hit rock bottom after about 100MB of download. I was utterly pissed and saddened. Why would they cap you for a service you paid for without letting you know the limits? Such idiotic business strategy.

5. kam

What d hell is mtn still doing here, i regreted using it and thats y the still charge higher that any network in naija. One day they will pack and leave. I advice nigerians to patronize their products more and more.

6. Dunno!

I call them d 3 (or r they 4 now?) necessary evils. However u c it, mtn’s d least of d evils!

7. jide

Na lie joor, mtn is gud fraudulent acts, they reciv money for service nt rendered…subscribing for d 100hrs is d greatest mistake I made dis month, I really regret it…very sluggish network

8. Jide

Mtn shud b sent packing out of Nigeria, I subscribed for d 100hr, its already more than 10times av bn complaining to d customer care dat d speed is too slow,making d 100 hrs useless ,i didnt know its d norm every one is experiencing…glo is d best, ever sincere, mtn is 419

9. onanyante

people should not believe mtn in one bit. plz dump it.all mtn activities are fraudulent. nigerian govt should chase them

10. freeminah

Dis is nonsense,its better 4 mi to pay my blackberry subscription for 1year,idiots

11. Kenneth K.

My fellow MTN User, MTN is not fraudining anybody but de problem is dat we fail to go tru de proper channel of activating our plans sometimes i’v bin using MTN for long and such things i haven’t experienced b4 unless i make errors or temper wit my fastlink set-up. To me, MTN is de best and will always be de best. Tanks

12. I 4ONE

I don’t blm any1 including mtn company bt our lidas dt conet wt d company 2 cheat nigs afta stolen billions 4rm our acct

13. Floxie

MTN..am realy disapointd in ur network..u guys only want d profit and nt d satisfacti0n of ur cust0mers..i blive u cn do betr

14. Peter

I think mtn shld upgrade their net wrk nd wit much tarrif or chrges

15. chord chibzy

Just reading through all of dis,I’m discouraged 4rm usin dis hourly plan

16. Feliciaino

Mtn is d worst network dt charge u 4 svs nt rendered. Its now l know what they are really god @, racism 4 south Africa

17. faruk

mtn is nt ur fault, is ours fault for usein mtn. Bt wt worries me is d cheating u guys re doin, i spend 1000 on u prom dat sy, send yes or win to 1010

18. kenultimate

i hv always known glo 2 b d only network dat hv nigerians at hr@.God help us frm d hands of dis foriegners

19. caleb

That means MTN are arm rubbers looking for income where no one enjoys the services they offer?

20. Luka

I really dont blame mtn. I blame our government for allowing such dubious companies to come in and defraud their fellow citizens. God will fight for us. Mtn’s days are numbered

21. despyice

Did any of Ў☺ΰ use modem? That’s on 3g connection?

22. moskai

This Mtn hourly plan nonesense. i just wasted my money on it. the cap to this i guess is 100mb. once u reach 100 mb u get a snail pace browsing. Abeg don’t try this.

23. the truth

if u have some money u wanna waste…just subscribe to this mtn bullshit plan …..there is heavy fair usage on it…once u clock 100mb ur internet speed will become miserably slow….just waiting for a reliable network to start their own time browsing…..empty is an empty crap

1. demazju

yeah,thats so true….I experienced it myself…after hundred Mb,you can kiss d speed goodbye…ur maximum speed will be around 13KBPS which is rubbish…