Exclusive List of 11 Richest Nigerians in 2011: Their Net Worth, How They Got Rich

No 4. Sayyu Dantata

Networth: $1.4 Billion
Age:
Source: Oil, Inheritance

Sayyu Dantata, a northern businessman and cousin to Nigeria’s Richest man Aliko Dangote is Chairman and CEO of MRS Oil, a leading Nigerian oil marketing company with operations across several West African countries including Benin Republic and Togo. Dantata owns about 60% stake in the company.

In September 2008 Sayyu Dantata acquired 60% controlling stake worth $1 Billion in Texaco Nigeria Plc and Texaco West Africa. He also recently took up controlling shares in Chevron. It is believed that Sayyu Dantata benefited from his well to do family as his father Sanussi Dantata and grandfather Alhassan Dantata has long been regarded as rich and influential in the Northern region.

Follow Us on Twitter For Latest Updates

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

10 comments

1. Some of your info are incorrect. Sayyu Dantata is not a cousin of Aliko Dangote, rather he’s his half-brother as both are the sons of Dr. Mariya Sanusi Dantata.

• Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to point somethings out

2. I aknowledged the effort of alhaji aliko dangote for emerging the richest man in the africa and 76th man in the world today. I pray may the good lord gives him the strength and the desire to become the richest man in the world just as carlos slim and bill gate in the world today

3. Paul are the amount in US dollars or another currency?

• The amounts are in US Dollars as indicated in the article

4. I applause Mr. Aliko Dangote if you is giving back to the people in his country to give them a better life and to grow the country because I like to visit there one day.

5. We wish you luck in your noble plan

6. I think there are more richer Nigerians, is this list really exhaustive?

• This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. We try to showcae the richest 11 in 2011. However we also carry more research to expand the list. The challenges of access to information and record keeping also affects compilation of lists like this.

7. I want to be associated with Aliko Dangote for the funding of my NGO’S projects.
    They need to know how peace must reign in our nation Nigeria.

Also for my personal development and some community development.

Thank you.