There are probably millions of articles online on how to make money via the internet. However this article seeks to point out in a simple manner the little ways you can earn steady income online without having to invest more than a few thousands of naira. In fact you may just need a computer system and some thousands to purchase reliable internet access and you are good to go.
None of these ideas will guarantee you huge income, in fact they will require you put in considerable work with patience. No get rich quick ideas here! These are not easy ways to generate income online so if you are looking for an easy way try elsewhere.
If you are working and need to supplement your income any of these ideas can be grown to become a reasonable source of side income.
A blog is simply a web page where you publish stuff you may find interesting or what you think others may find good enough to read. A blog mustn’t be all writing as lots of photo pubishing can be done especially if you are a photographer and have lots of captivating pictures to publish
When you grow your blog to a reasonable traffic level you can monetise via advertising networks (the most popular and best paying is Adsense), self served advertising (selling ads directly to advertisers via promoted posts, banner ads etc). Blogging as a way of making money is hard; at best you will need to put in 6 months minimum to start seeing little results.
2. Info Marketing
This is an almost bastardised means of making money online in Nigeria. Currently many gold diggers simply slap together a manual on just about anything, create a sales page and start promoting to target users.
To have a decent chance at info marketing you will need the following;
– a product (ebook, software or any other digital product to sell). The product has to work and be a good quality content if an ebook. If a software it must work without problems.
– You need a webpage where you will host your sales copy and other information to enable visitors purchase your info product
– Next you need a smart marketing plan on how you will reach the target audience without spending too much.
– Work out your marketing budget so you have an idea of the maximum naira you will spend to sell a certain minimum number of products. This advertising calculator will help you work out how much you should spend to acquire your target number of customers
If you are knowledgeable in any area you can actually turn that into a consultancy offering individuals or small businesses hours of advice and strategy in return for a monthly retainership. This can be don for many skills such as legal, marketing (digital included), relationship coaching, fitness/health etc. This list is as long as your imagination as long as it’s an area that people always have challenges with.
To make money as a consultant you need to
– be knowledgeable in the particular niche you wish to consult on
– commit to constantly improve and learn new ideas and ways that work in that niche
– have an effective way to let your target market know about your consultancy and attract sufficient paying clients
4. Web Design
Despite the influx of people claiming to offer web development and design services there is still sufficient income to be made from freelance web development and design if you have the skills.
Same as consulting above you need to constantly learn new tricks, acquire the latest skills and know how to get a sufficient flow of clients.
We will be doing series of detailed posts on the above online income generating ideas. Watch this space or subscribe to our email updates so you don’t miss any of them.