Omotola Jalade -Ekeinde is a household name in Nigeria.The mother of four has acted in hundreds of movies in Nollywood and is extremely popular in the African continent as well. She has won numerous awards and was awarded the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR in 2014 for her contributions to Nollywood. Even though Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is very famous there are still many things people do not know about her.
1. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde did not plan to be an actress. She got into acting by accident. She followed her friend to an audition who didn’t get the part. The friend encouraged Omotola to try out for the role.
2. The actress briefly studied at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) before moving to Yaba College of Technology.
3. The first movie Omotola Jalade Ekeinde acted in was Venom in the year 1995. Her movie career is now 21 years old.
4. Born into a family of five, Omotola is the only girl
5. The movie star was meant to act in the sequel of the classic movie ‘Nneka The Pretty Serpent’ but turned down the role because of her mother.
6. Her first cinematic project was ‘Ije’ in 2010 co-starring Genevieve Nanji. Omotola had acted in over 300 movies before making her cinematic debut.
7. She became the first Nollywood star to have her own reality show in 2012.
8. Omotola has recorded a song with US R&B singer Bobby Valentino.
9. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde met her husband in church through his sister.
10. The actress is a staunch Christian who observes morning devotion daily with her family.
11. Apart from movies Omotola is into the real estate business.
12. She is regarded as one of the highest grossing movie stars in the world.
13. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde was paid N43,000 for her first role.
14. She is the 1st African celebrity to receive one million likes on Facebook.
15. Her second daughter earned N2.4m from her Knorr endorsement in 2015.
16. Omotola speaks a little bit of Igbo.
17. According to the actress Sound Sultan is her favourite music act.
18. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde’s favourite sport is surprisingly professional wrestling.
19. Omotola’s husband is from Edo state.