Every girl wants to look like a Queen on her wedding day
Every woman has probably dreamt about how perfect her wedding gown is supposed to look. In fact, for many brides, it’s the toughest part of the wedding process. Choosing the perfect gown doesn’t have to be a Herculean task. Here are some tips that will make the process easier.
1. Have an idea of the type of dress you want
Before you start dress shopping, you should try to find out what kind of dress you like, E.g Cinderella dress, embellished gown, etc.
2. Set a budget
It’s very important to mark out how much you’re willing to spend on your dress and then tailor your search to dresses that fit your budget.
3. Start your dress search early enough
Finding the perfect dress may take longer than you envisage, so start searching at least 6 months to your wedding date.
4. Take your trusted friends along
You shouldn’t go dress shopping with a crowd, just two or three of your really close friends/family members who will give their honest opinion.
5. Try on as many dresses as you need to
Don’t decide too soon. Make sure you try on as many dresses as possible before making your final choice.
6. Take the type of shoes and underwear you plan to wear underneath your wedding gown along to your fitting
This will help you get a more accurate idea of how the dress would look when you wear it on your big day.
7. Consider the venue when choosing your dress
Are you having an outdoor or indoor wedding? Will the hall be air conditioned? Does your church/mosque accept sleeveless dresses? These are all factors to consider.
8. Choose the dress that feels right for you
You should keep in mind that it’s your wedding and your dress. Don’t let other people’s opinions completely influence your choice.