Our List on Most Powerful Nigerian Politicians in 2015 has been drawn up based on their Social Media Presence, Political affiliations, Controversy and Success stories.
A Powerful Politician is one who has captured the seat of power or who has solidly been behind a Candidate who eventually became an authority in determining who gets what, when and how. They are called god-fathers and spotted at the corridors of power.
A Powerful Politician is one who in spite of the wave of regional politics played by our political parties, remains in the opposition and won an election under a minor party in his region.
Our Powerful Politician is one whose name features on our dallies at most every day, Trends on twitter just anytime. Talked about on timelines. One whose name must be mentioned to buttress a point.
Our List has also been influenced deeply by the Slogan of ‘Change’. Needless to throw more light on this.
Having clearly defined our basis of drawing up our list, Check out a full list of 21 Most Powerful Politicians in 2015:
1. Gen. Muhammed Buhari: President and Commander-in-Chief after four attempts. Sai Baba!
2. Bola Tinubu: The Master Planner.
3. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo: The Man behind some mask. Very active in the present administration. Currently warned against Second Biafran War
4. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan: Conceded defeat, Main Man in the opposition.
5. Mallam Nasir El-Rufai: The big media man from Kaduna State.
6. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo: The Christian Vp.
7. Mr. Raji Fashola: Former Governor, APC Funder and Minister
8. Mr. Rotimi Amaechi: The Bold man from the south-south, Loved in the North.
9. Sen. Bukola Saraki: The Controversial Senate President.
10. Sen. Ben Bruce: Currently Trending. You can check here(Ben Bruce Tweet Today} We can call him Donald Trump of Nigeria
11. Sen. Ike Ekweremmadu: Deputy senate President from an opposition Minority party. I call this powerful!
12. Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode: Media makes too much money from carrying his news.
13. Gov. Ayo Fayose: The Bold man from Ekiti state, the only South Western State that delivered PDP.
14. Gov. Willi Obaino: Trending since Biafra Struggle took another turn.
15. Gov. Rochas Okorocha: Popularly called ‘Owelli Ndi Awusa’ by Imo people. Whatever this means.
16. Speaker Yakubu Dogara: Silent but Powerful.
17. Gov. Nyesom Wike: Witch-hunted Politician, seem like a Cat with nine lives.
18. Hajiya Aisha Jumai Alhassan: Popularly called ‘Mama APC’. Won her Tribunal Matter recently.
19. Orji Uzor Kalu: One of the richest this year and makes the list following his triumph at the Tribunal.
20. Namadi Sambo: The VP that was absent at Home during a Contemporary event in his region. He was busy touring the eastern states campaigning.
21. Com. Adams Oshiomhole: The Khaki former governor.
You have other Powerful Nigerian Politicians not mentioned? Tell us using the comment section.