The top 20 Nigerian website rankings is back with the September 2020 edition of the Top 20 Websites in Nigeria. We research and rank top 20 Nigerians websites.
So if you ever need to know which websites are visited mostly by Nigerians this is the list to follow.
Criteria – A website must be partially or fully Nigerian owned or operating majorly in Nigeria to feature.
We update each month so you see who has moved up or down.
- Bet9ja: In a show of the vast popularity of betting in Nigeria Bet9ja leads in the Top 20 Websites in Nigeria list for the month of September. Est. Global Monthly visits – 78 million
- Nairaland: The ever relevant, undying online forum comes up third in the most visited Nigerian website list. With over 2.5 million members the forum continues to dominate the online community/forum niche for local websites. Est. Monthly traffic – 27 million
- Betking: Another betting site in the Top 50 Websites in Nigeria ranking. Est. Global Monthly visits – 25 million (over 95% of that comes from Nigeria)
- Punch: Punch newspapers is the highest ranked media/news site on this month’s list. Punch records an estimated 16.9 million visits
- Sportybet: Sportybet is a sports betting website which almost half its visits and operations from Nigeria. Est. monthly traffic – 13.5 million visits
- Vanguard: Vanguard newspapers shows the appetite for news in Nigeria becoming the second news website in the top 20 Nigerian websites list. Est. monthly visits – 12.1 million
- Jumia: Jumia leads the ecommerce space as the most visited website on the overall most visited Nigerian website list. Jumia has estimated 10.9 million monthly visits
- Lindaikejisblog: The popular gossip and gist blog continues to power strong keeping a place in the top 20 Nigerian websites list with an estimated 8.5 million monthly visits.
- The Nation: A national newspaper website, the Nation makes the top 20 Nigerian website list with an estimated monthly traffic of 8.25 million visits.
- Legit NG: Formerly Naij, Legit has quickly grown to become one of the leading news sites in Nigeria. Est. monthly traffic – 7.5 million
- PremiumTimes: PremiumTimes built its online reputation as a news site on breaking news and deep investigative stories. Est. monthly traffic – 6.8 million visits
- Dailypost: Another news site on the top 20 list, Dailypost has an est. monthly 5.4 million visits
- The NetNaija: The NetNaija is an online information/news portal offering everything from news to music downloads. Est. monthly visits – 4.9 million
- NairaMetrics: A business/financial news and investing information website, NairaMetrics has carved a niche for itself in a difficult area and we are glad to welcome them to this list. Est. monthly traffic – 4.7 million visits
- Yabaleftonline: Yabaleft, as the site is popularly called, is an entertainment, comedy and viral content website. Est. monthly traffic – 4.5 million visits
- Google NG: Google.com.ng is the Nigerian extension of the popular search engine. Surprisingly, lots of people use that instead for their online searches. Est. monthly traffic – 4.3 million visits.
- Jiji: Jiji is the second ecommerce website in the Top 20 list. As a classifieds website Jiji obviously leads in this category with estimated 4.2 million visits monthly (almost 80% of which comes from Nigeria)
- Naijaloaded: Showing the continued interest of Nigerians in music/music downloads, Naijaloaded makes the list with an estimated monthly traffic of 4.2 million visits
- Betpawa: Betpawa brings up the rear in the number of sports betting sites in the top 20 Nigerian websites list. Est. monthly traffic – 3.3 million visits
- Nairabet: The first local sports betting site has seen better days and now does estimated 2.8 million monthly visits to bring up the rear on this month’s list of top 20 Nigerian websites.
Tooxclusive: A music discovery/download and entertainment website, Tooxclusive has est. monthly traffic of 2.7 million visits
What We Can Learn from the List of Top Nigerian Websites in September 2020
- Sportsbetting is as popular as ever: After the break on sporting activities worldwide caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, Sportsbetting is back as one of the biggest online activities indulged in by Nigerians.
- News and gists remain attractive: With the ongoing Big Brother Naija TV show and almost a constant availability of hot gist within the entertainment and political industry, Nigerians continue to spend a lot of time consuming news and entertainment information as can bee seen by the domination of news/entertainment sites in this month’s list
- Music Downloads are still going strong. Maybe lots of Nigerians don’t pay for music? (as may be seen from the presence of several music download sites)
- Significant ecommerce activity: The presence of Jumia and Jiji in the list shows that a good deal of ecommerce still goes on in Nigeria.
Sources researched in the compilation of this list include Similarweb and Alexa.