Insomnia is a common sleep disorder where one struggles to fall asleep or stay asleep. Over time, this lack of sleep can lead to various health problems like diabetes, weight gain and hypertension. Here are few tips that can help you beat insomnia recommend by NHS.
1. Keep Regular Sleep Hours.
Going to bed and getting up roughly at the same time will program your body to sleep better.
2. Create a Restful Sleeping Environment.
This will require your bedroom being peaceful, temperature being moderate, lighting and noise should also be controlled. The idea is to eliminate every form of disturance.
3. Make Sure Your Bed is Comfortable.
It is difficult to get restful sleep on a mattress that is too soft or too hard or a bed that is too old or small.
4. Exercise Regularly.
Moderate exercise on a regular basis like swimming or walking can help relieve some of the tension built up over the day. Vigorous exercise however is not advised close to bed time.
5. Try to Relax Before Going to Bed.
Have a warm bath, listen to quiet music or try some gentle yoga to relax your mind and body.
- 10 Essential Life Skills Every Adult Needs to Have
- Top 10 Tech Skills to Learn Today Based on Market Demand and Employability