Although marriage has its ancient roots, recently love has little or nothing to do with it. Let’s have a look at 7 strange and unequal marriages in history.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. The Man That Married Himself
- 2 2. The Hindu Woman That Married a Snake
- 3 3. Soldier Falling in Love with the Eiffel Tower
- 4 4. The Dude that Married His Doll
- 5 5. Indian Woman Married to a Clay Pot
- 6 6. British Woman Married Dolphin After a 15 Year Courtship
- 7 7. Marrying a Character in a Video Game
- 8 Share
1. The Man That Married Himself
In 2007, Liu Ye of China decided that it would be better if he marries himself than to be single. In his words ” There are many reasons for marrying myself, but mainly to express my dissatisfaction with reality”
2. The Hindu Woman That Married a Snake
In 2006, a Hindu woman in India claimed to have fallen in love with a snake and she went ahead to marry according to the Hindu marriage rituals. Shockingly, more than 2000 people participated in the celebratory procession. The snake on its part was absent but was represented by a brass likeness of himself.
3. Soldier Falling in Love with the Eiffel Tower
A former soldier from San-Fransisco claimed that she had fallen in love with the Eiffel tower. She went ahead to make it official in 2018 by changing her name to Erika La Tour Effiel.
4. The Dude that Married His Doll
In 2000, Davecat presumed that having a wife will make him spend all his money, so he decided to marry his doll saying “She provides me with a lot of things that I can’t get out of an organic partner.
5. Indian Woman Married to a Clay Pot
An Indian woman, Salvita in 2005 married a clay pot when her fianceé, Chaman Shingh an officer with the Tibetan Police didn’t show up for the wedding giving reasons that he got stranded on the job. Instead of waiting, the bride’s family went on with the ceremony as planned.
6. British Woman Married Dolphin After a 15 Year Courtship
After courting for 15 years, Cindy, a British woman married a dolphin in Isreal. Cindy claimed that her case was love at first sight as she often referred to the male dolphin as the love of her life.
7. Marrying a Character in a Video Game
What do you do when you fall in love with a character in a dating video game. A certain Sal9000 fell in love with a character he met while playing “Love Plus” and surprisingly married her in 2009.
Also See – 10 Countries With the Most Number of Guinness World Records